Things to Do in Southgate Lubbock, TX
Southgate is the spot to go in Lubbock if you're seeking for stuff to do. This charming part of town offers a wide range of sights and services that will appeal to everyone on your vacation. Parks of all types, wonderful restaurants, farms, shops, supermarkets, and many more are available. Southgate is a diversified neighborhood that offers something for everyone. Come have a peek around this wonderful area right now!
- Emmanuel Mar Thoma Church (101 E 81st St, Lubbock, TX 79404, United States; (806)3688639) Indian Christians United (ICU) is an interdenominational and international movement that has a vision to aid Indian christians around the world and unite their hearts to pray for India and Indian Diaspora.
Stroll in the park
- The Underwood Park (74th St, Lubbock, TX 79401, United States) is a lovely spacious park with heaps of play features to suit all ages. There are several play spaces throughout the park, including a unique adventure playground and a second large playground. Further into the park is a large play area for the children with plenty of play equipment to keep them busy. Bring along your dog as there is a large off leash area where your pet can run around in.
Eat in restaurants
- Pedro's Tamales (8207 US-87, Lubbock, TX 79423, United States; (806)745953). Unwrap your happiness with Gluten-Free Tamales. Tamales were traditionally prepared and served for very special occasions. However, our founder, Pedro, had a different vision. The exact formula for Pedro’s Tamales is a closely-guarded secret, but we are proud that the tamales are a homegrown product. We use American grown corn and cuts of U.S. raised beef, pork and chicken. Producing more than 10,000 dozen tamales per day, each tamale is then carefully hand wrapped in authentic corn husk.
Go to farms
- Agriculture is another word for farming. It includes both growing and harvesting crops and raising animals, or livestock. Agriculture provides the food and many raw materials that humans need to survive. The products of agriculture that people eat come from both plants and animals. Plant foods include fruits, vegetables, and grains. The South Plains Food Bank Farm (304 76th St, Lubbock, TX 79404, United States; (806)7481424) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to serving West Texas by providing those who experience food insecurity with a helping hand. The South Plains Food Bank, inc. also extends opportunities for community members to both engage in service, as well as for employment within an environment that promotes community interaction and is enthusiastic about aiding the conclusion of the poverty cycle.
- Convenience stores are placed in locations that are convenient for local customers. They are a natural destination point for the neighborhood in which they are located. The Stripes 5208 (1520 SE Loop 289, Lubbock, TX 79404, United States; (806)7451736) is next to a gasoline station. It is a small retail business which stocks everyday items which the average person uses. It ranges from snack foods to toiletries to tobacco products. In the United States, convenience stores are often associated with fuel stations. They are often located along busy roads or at important intersections in a community.